[Mobile Monday Bangalore] FW: MoMo Sept

Thiyagarajan
Wed Sep 27 10:06:01 IST 2006

   This is a pretty good meme and the suggested topics are great. I am very
glad to see that there is some good  conversation going on the list unlike
before where there is some activity just before the event and then list
becomes dormant till the next event. :-)

   Mahesh hopefully the next one will the last discussion on VAS  (as it is
the fourth one now :-) ). About IMS I would really  love a conversation
around IMS, it would be a good  opportunity for me to know about IMS :) FSS
(previously HSS) in their Gurgaon office are doing a pretty big project
since quite some time now on IMS. I don't know if there is an IMS team in
the bangalore office as well, if somebody has leads to anyone in their
bangalore office then we could get folks from there to speak about IMS.

 I suggest that let us make a list of topics and accordingly plan for
getting speakers & folks interested in discussing about it. Request all to
suggest topics that they want to be covered at Mobile Monday. I understand
that MoMo Mumbai has their next 6 months of topics and speakers already
slotted/booked. We can do something like in Bangalore as well  then we don't
have announce the events very late like we did the last time :-)    Also
along with suggesting a topic it would be great if you could also add
someone you know who can speak about the topic. Rajiv and myself will go
speak to that person and invite him to speak at MoMo.

   To seed the thoughts further here are few of my suggestions.   (Note that
my personal choice is biased towards the mobile phone side of the mobility
:-)  )

*       Mobile search (One of yahoo, google , ziva can be contacted). Ajay ?
(Ziva), Leshika ? (Google), (Yahoo) ?
*       Mobile Advertising ( Big Ad agencies like OnM, JWT are experimenting
a lot, especially Group M is spending a lot of their time on this but to get
them to come and speak is a BHAG IMHO. I know it from personal experience :D
)
*       Mobile MVNO ( IMIMobile, Onmobile, 365mobile, ValueFirst ) Only
Onmobile is in bangalore, IMIMobile is in hyderabad.
*       Mobile communities (Mobile Social Software  MoSoSo ???) , yaari ??,
3 moblogging companies Coruscant Tec, Netcore released Mofutu, Mobylog.
*       Design for mobile (Usability & User experience) - CKS has worked
with Nokia for doing some of their mobile design. Any other design team
firms. Ruksana would Aditya be interested in doing something related to
this.
*       Mobile Platforms - Qtopia/BREW/Symbian/J2ME/

*       There is Nokia, Wipro , Emuzed who do a lot of work in Symbian
*       Qulacomm has an office in Hyderabad/Mumbai
*       Symbian group itself has an office in bangalore ( opened last year)

*       Flash on Mobile  - I know adobe is doing a lot of work on this front
for the japanese market and this work is being done

     at the bangalore office. ( Jace IIRC Manish Jethani works on
Flash(mobile) related stuff, would he be interested in speaking)

*       Open source on mobile ( Rajiv's Pet Topic) - Rajiv do you want to
speak :-).

*       Nokia Series 60 browser
*       Maemo Platform ( Nokia 7710 )

*       Location Based Services in Mobiles

*       A hot  topic, can anyone shed some  light on this.

*       Mobile Games ( One of the biggest topic, which surprising no one has
brought up so far : ))

       Anyone has any connection with Dhruva, They are the Jamdat of India.

*       A investors night ????? ( Connect interesting mobility demos ( only
:-) ) with Angels (maybe VCs as well :-)  )   - Do it DEMO style but focused
in MOBILITY related areas. Some time back a few such meets happened in SV
MoMo and they were pretty well received.  KB, Samir, Ganesh -  does this
make any sense.
*       Mobile & Rural India - Jonathan is there something that you could
share, if I understand it correctly there is a specific group at MSR related
to this.
*       Social impact of mobile in India - Will try to reach Dina Mehta and
ask if she could present something. Are there other mobile related
anthropologists and ethnographer working here in Bangalore.
*       Research in Mobile Technology  ( Possibly from Universities like
IIIT-B or IISc ??) - Any IIIT-B/IISc alumnus here ?

o        Context Aware Application

o        Mobile Metadata

*       Mobile widgets ( Widset ) - Folks from nokia can talk about this
one. Nokia has an development office in Banashankari, does anyone have any
leads here.

*       Mobile service delivery platforms - If we can contact someone at
Airtel Okhla then I can bet that they want to just come and sing about it.
It is one of their biggest & most ambitious project.
*       Mobile payments (mChek, Paymate, NGPay are the players in the mobile
payment space)

 There are plenty of great topics or companies that I have missed largely
because of my limited knowledge and ignorance, please feel free to add to
them here.

Cheers,

Rajan