[MoMoBangalore] Bzzwings the B plan Competition at IIM Bangalore

Kesava Reddy
Thu Oct 11 19:49:24 IST 2007

Dear All,

Entrepreneurship & Innovation (EnI) Cell and Forum for Industrial

Interaction (FII) at IIM Bangalore cordially invites Barcamp members to

Bzzwings '07, the annual b-plan competition as part of Vista (annual

Business Festival at IIM Bangaloree). This year Bzzwings is an *open event*

*-* the nine finalists will present to an *open audience*. The nine

finalists have been chosen through a rigorous selection process and each of

the teams are representative of the premium quality of the whole event.

The presentations will begin from *9:30 am* in *Room No. L21* (IIM

Bangalore) on *13th October 2007* (Day 2 of Vista '07). The *final round

judges panel* comprises of Mr. Mahesh Murthy from Seedfund, Mr. Navin

Budhiraja and Mr. Bharath Chinamanthur from Amazon, Mr. Dilip R Mehta and

Prof. Kumar from NSRCEL. We anticipate the company of few VCs and angel

investors in the audience along with professors and students.

The nine finalists of Bzzwings '07 will make presentations with varying

ideas. A snapshot of the nine ideas are as described below:

§  One Stop Shop for Paintings

§  TV Channel for education

§  Design and construction of microgrids in rural India

§  Online Book Rental

§  Reality TV Show to choose the PM

§  Low Calorie Restaurant

§  Sports event management

§  Solar energy generation and storage

§  Platform for corporates n ad agencies to advertise on web

Bzzwings (http://www.iimb- vista.com/ bzzwings. html) is one of India's premier

business plan contests and this year we have upped the ante, by increasing

the prize money (Rs. 1.05 lakhs total prize money) and offering *incubation

at the NSRCEL IIM Bangalore for the winners*. Bzzwings '07 is one of the key

attractions of Vista '07. Bzzwings '07 is sponsored by

*Amazon.com* (Innovation Partner) and

*NSRCEL *at IIM Bangalore is our Incubation Partner. We received entries

from students, start-ups and corporates. Nine teams have been short

listed by prominent VCs and academia, from over 250 business

plans, including around 20 entries from corporates and start-ups. Each of

the final nine teams had been assigned a mentor (VCs, entrepreneurs) who

have guided them to refine their ideas and frame a professional b-Plan. The

culmination of the three phased contest is the b-plan defence by each of the

nine finalists in the form of presentations to an open audience on *13th

October* (Day 2 of Vista).

We hope you accept our invitation to witness the presentations and make

Bzzwings '07 a grand success. We look forward to seeing you in the

audience.

Warm Regards,

Team EnI Cell

Team FII