[MoMoBangalore] Mobile, GSM Modem, SMS gateway

janakiram ganesan
Fri May 4 14:22:54 IST 2007

On 5/3/07, Sunil Maheshwari maheshwari.sunil at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/2/07, janakiram ganesan janakiramg2020 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Sunil: Thanks for your reply.

Last week, we had some discussions about the SMS gateways. My cousin is
> > planning for a SMS application for his company,
> > Can you guys please answer for some questions
> >
> > 1) Links sent last week to this mailing list are pure software for the
> > SMS gateway. Can you list SMS gateway hardware
> > products available in India?
> > [We are able to find out only Tata Indicom with 5000 Rs initial setup
> > cost and 750+ per month. Recurring cost is heavy]
>

> [Sunil] What do you mean by SMS gateway HW product? If you are using modem
> to send and receive SMS then you are sending SMS to operator gateway.

  [Janakiram] SMS gateway I meant is not N/W gateway, Modem is capable of
sending only few SMS per Second but Gateway provided by some operator like
TataIndicom are capable of sending more SMS per second (dedicated). Please
refer the below mentioned link
http://www.tatateleservices.com/t-business-data-sms-gateway-features.aspx

2) Best GSM/CDMA Modem in India and the cost of it