[Mobile Monday Bangalore] Wikicamp in Chennai

Thiyagarajan
Wed Feb 7 11:27:48 IST 2007

   Cross posting below from another list I am on, thought that wikicamp
might be of interest to some of the MoMo'ers. Though this is just a day
before our this month's MoMo event on 26th but Chennai is not too far :-).
We will be announcing the details of february meet within a day or two.

Cheers,

Rajan

----

 Wikicamp is all about harnessing and understanding the power of Wikis.

 It is a one day event aimed to bring together the best minds from the

 Wiki/Internet space to talk about issues, opportunities and what the

 future and evolution of this valuable tool looks like.

 Crowd sourcing, Wisdom of crowds, User generated content and

 collaborative knowledge sharing have become the keywords of today's

 Internet. Wikicamp aims at demystifying these terms.

 The event will feature workshops, debates and keynotes on the present

 state and evolution of the wiki.

 Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia and President of Wikimedia

 Foundation will be attending the event. He will share with us the

 vision for Wikipedia and his experiences.

 The event is scheduled for the 25th of February, and will take place

 at Tidel Park, Chennai.