[Mobile Monday Bangalore] [MoMoBangalore] Re: MoMo Sept

Rajiv
Tue Sep 26 19:00:30 IST 2006

I agree. We need more speakers on such exciting topics. But due to our limited reach we havent been able to rech them yet. We are depending upon the community to suggest and bring in more speakers.

Regards,
Rajiv.

----- Original Message ----
From: Sujai Karampuri skarampuri at yahoo.com>
To: MoMoBangalore at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 26 September, 2006 6:08:00 PM
Subject: Re: [MoMoBangalore] Re: [Mobile Monday Bangalore] MoMo Sept

            The topics you both suggested are very relevant.

There are lot of opportunities for Indian companies,

entrepreneurs, and operators. Emerging markets require

new ideas and strategies which suit Indian markets.

# While Indian operators have done some innovations in

creating viable businesses out of very low ARPUs, no

new ideas see to come from other players.

# Can a completely new wireless topology make sense

for countries like India? What are the barriers? If

so, how do you lower them?

# Can a completely new wireless application make sense

for Indian subscribers?

# Can a completely new business model is needed to tie

down the vendor, operator, VAS providers, subscribers,

retailers, etc?

# Are there newer and innovative was to design

products such that they are more suitable for Indian

rural markets?

# How does one use wireless to address problems of

primary education in India?

# Are there some innovative products/applicatio ns that

can open up rural markets?

These are some of the questions that are valid for

Indian companies.

As Mahesh suggested, we should get some Industry

veterans to speak from companies like-

C-DOT, ITI, Nortel, Sasken, Lucent, Motorola, Tejas,

Beceem, Airvana, Ubinetics (now acquired), Deccanet

(now acquired), Emuzed (now acquired), Pronto,

Infineon, etc.

Sujai

--- Mahesh Shirgaonkar

http://bangalore. mobilemonday. in/2006/09/ 26/momo-sept/

> > > Thanks to all those who attended. Hope to see

> you there next

> > time.

> > > Regards,

> > > Rajiv.

> > > NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse

> thousands of new and

> > > used cars online! http://uk.cars. yahoo.com/

> > Do You Yahoo!?

> protection around

> > http://mail. yahoo.com

> > NEW Yahoo! Cars - sell your car and browse

> thousands of new and

> > used cars online! http://uk.cars. yahoo.com/

> Do You Yahoo!?

> protection around